Trataka or Eye Gazing is a method for developing concentration. If you are having trouble focusing, or feel too distracted, prolonged practice to trataka will help to concentrate your mind.
Begin this mindful exercise on Eye Gazing, bring a loving, non-judgmental awareness to:
- What drew you to this topic?
- What were you thinking about or aware of?
- Notice how your belly, chest, & head each feel when you reflect on this topic
- Where in your body do you feel it? Is it heavy or light?
- What emotions that you can associate with these deep feelings?
- Are you aware of any thoughts, beliefs or patterns regarding this exercise?
- How do you feel with increased awareness? Do you feel lighter or heavier? What came to your attention that you were not aware of before this exercise?
- Are you willing to apply increased mindfulness in your day-to-day life?
I hope you enjoy this week’s mindful minute exercise!
Love & light,